iWork, Apple’s long-neglected suite of office apps (originally released in January 2009), gets updated to version 9.3 with no feature additions or fixes on the desktop side. Rather, the release is focused solely on adding support for the update to version 1.7 for the trio of iWork apps for iOS (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote). If you purchased the apps separately from the Mac App Store, they’ve been updated to Pages 4.3, Numbers 2.3, and Keynote 5.3. The iWork 9.3 suite is available as a free update via the Mac App Store (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion), Software Update (10.7 Lion), and direct download. (Free update, 380 MB)
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 10 December 2012 (09 Dec 12)
- iWork '09 Adds Catch-up Features (06 Jan 09)