Apple has released Final Cut Pro X 10.0.7 with a small grab bag of fixes to improve stability and performance. Amongst the tweaks, the update restores the Letterbox effect “Offset” slider, fixes a problem with uploading clips to Vimeo larger than 1 GB in size, and fixes an issue in which an incorrect frame size is used with filters on two adjacent clips with different pixel aspect ratio. It also deals with an issue where some third-party effects caused the app to stop responding during background rendering and another where third-party transitions incorrectly used black instead of source media. ($299.99 new in the Mac App Store, free update, 1.53 GB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.