Econ Technologies has updated its ChronoSync synchronization/backup application to version 4.3.6, which now funnels more information to the ChronoAgent remote helper app to improve monitoring tools (such Econ’s ChronoMonitor iOS app). The ChronoSync update also fixes several bugs, including a potential crash that occurred when agents left or joined a network before a sync document was finalized. ChronoAgent gets bumped up to version 1.3.7 with improved self-diagnostics and a fix for incorrect translations in the French and German localizations. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 28.9 MB, 8.3 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.