Econ Technologies has updated its ChronoSync synchronization/backup application to version 4.3.6, which now funnels more information to the ChronoAgent remote helper app to improve monitoring tools (such Econ’s ChronoMonitor iOS app). The ChronoSync update also fixes several bugs, including a potential crash that occurred when agents left or joined a network before a sync document was finalized. ChronoAgent gets bumped up to version 1.3.7 with improved self-diagnostics and a fix for incorrect translations in the French and German localizations. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 28.9 MB, 8.3 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree