The Omni Group has released OmniFocus 1.10.4 to fix a few specific compatibility issues in the GTD-inspired task management utility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The update fixes a bug that neglected to include alarms in Due reminders published to Calendar, fixes a crash caused by using the contextual menu on an item’s notes, and works around a problem that caused the sync button to blink when using small toolbar icons. Additionally, the release addresses a problem that caused the Dock icon to render at the wrong size when using OmniFocus with OS X 10.7 through 10.7.2. ($79.99 new, free update, 22.6 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree