Chronos has released SOHO Organizer 9.3.1, a minor update to the contact and calendar management suite. The latest version adds a warning if you try to create a repeating task in an iCloud or OS X Server CalDAV account (as neither of these servers support this feature), improves display of overlapping events in Day and Week views, fixes an errant “your accounts aren’t configured” message under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion, fixes an issue where events would sometimes disappear under 10.5 Leopard, and fixes a problem with CalDAV accounts where changes made in offline mode wouldn’t sync to the server. ($99.99 new, free update, 78 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.