Marcel Bresink has released TinkerTool 4.95, a small update to his under-the-hood customization system utility. The app now offers a setting that enables the debug menu of Disk Utility and the App Store application in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later. For 10.8 Mountain Lion users, the release adds settings to control smoothing and to disable the default behavior of asking if you want to save new documents to iCloud in supported apps (such as iWork, TextEdit, and Preview). It also adds a pane to control Resume behavior for individual applications in Mountain Lion. (Free, 3.9 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software