Karelia has released Sandvox 2.7.3 with a few publishing and hosting enhancements added to the Web publishing tool. The update adds a simplified local hosting setup that enables you to publish your site to any location on your Mac, enables you to add FTPS support from the Preferences window, and adds a test to ensure that your site is reachable from the Internet (and not just your Mac). The release also squashes a couple of bugs, including a fix for instances of unwanted square brackets that would appear if Facebook was selected as your site’s comments provider. It also improves overall stability, and in particular when importing Sandvox 1 documents. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 31.3 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software