Frank Imburgia probably didn't anticipate a flood of calls from TidBITS readers when he gave us his office phone number for T-shirt inquiries (see TidBITS-291). The company he works for (which has nothing to do with the T-shirts, it seems) was caught by surprise. Instead of calling Frank at the Yankee Group, call him at home at 617/630-9828. (Keep in mind time zone differences; Frank's in Massachusetts, in the Eastern U.S. time zone, four hours behind Greenwich Mean until daylight saving time ends.) [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Macworld Superlatives (21 Aug 95)