C-Command Software has released SpamSieve 2.9.6 with a fix for a bug that slowed down spam-filtering operations in Postbox when running OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. The update now understands that @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com addresses are equivalent for training purposes in Apple Mail, and SpamSieve also offers to load addresses from Microsoft Outlook directly rather than use the less-than-reliable Sync Services to perform that task. The release also removes flags from a message trained as good in Apple Mail, improves handling of invalid data received from a mail program, and improves interaction between SpamSieve and server-based spam mailboxes to prevent a trained spam message from ending up in the local spam mailbox. ($30 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 10.4 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.