In this lengthy but engaging discussion with Generational’s host Gabe Weatherhead, Adam Engst shares numerous thoughts about writing, editing, and publishing, with forays into specifics about customer service, the use of DRM as a platform lock-in, issues with iBooks Author, why small publishers must build their own audiences, the role of different people in the publishing process, how we choose book topics, why outlines are important, and much more. follow link
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Adam Engst Discusses Publishing on the Generational Podcast