Karelia updated Sandvox to version 2.7.5 over the weekend, but then quickly issued version 2.7.6 in order to fix a bug that rendered the Web authoring tool unusable for some users. The Sandvox 2.7.6 update improves stability while publishing or handling missing media and addresses an issue when choosing a banner or favicon image. It also collects all improvements and bug fixes released in version 2.7.5, including an issue where saving a new document to a location other than your start-up disk could result in data loss; direct publishing of a .ico favicon file without any adjustment by Sandvox; improved stability working with external media; improved responsiveness working with documents stored on a network-attached storage (NAS) drive; and improved validity of Sandvox-generated RSS feeds, especially those containing enclosures such as podcasts. As of this writing, the Mac App Store version is still stuck at 2.7.4. ($79.99 new, free update, 31.2 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software