Karelia updated Sandvox to version 2.7.5 over the weekend, but then quickly issued version 2.7.6 in order to fix a bug that rendered the Web authoring tool unusable for some users. The Sandvox 2.7.6 update improves stability while publishing or handling missing media and addresses an issue when choosing a banner or favicon image. It also collects all improvements and bug fixes released in version 2.7.5, including an issue where saving a new document to a location other than your start-up disk could result in data loss; direct publishing of a .ico favicon file without any adjustment by Sandvox; improved stability working with external media; improved responsiveness working with documents stored on a network-attached storage (NAS) drive; and improved validity of Sandvox-generated RSS feeds, especially those containing enclosures such as podcasts. As of this writing, the Mac App Store version is still stuck at 2.7.4. ($79.99 new, free update, 31.2 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.