QuickDraw 3D Available from Apple -- Apple recently announced that QuickDraw 3D 1.0 - its new 3D rendering and realization software - is available online, as well as with the new Power Mac 8500 and 7500 computers and commercial rendering packages (such as Strata's StudioPro Blitz). QuickDraw 3D requires a Power Mac with at least 16 MB of RAM and the package weighs in at about 2.4 MB. Apple also has sample applications and models available online, along with information for developers and other interested parties. If you have a Power Mac, RAM, and CPU cycles to spare, check it out! [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard