Uncomplex has released version 2.5.11 of its Gmail-specific email client Mailplane — the app’s first update since September 2011. The app now displays an alert should you use Gmail’s new inline composition window, and Uncomplex recommends that you revert to the old composition window. If you want access to Gmail’s new inline composition interface, you can try the Mailplane 3 beta (available only for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion). The update also adds support for Evernote 5.0.5 and ensures that disabling the option to check automatically for updates within Preferences works as it should. On the downloads page, Mailplane 2.5.11 is available for Lion and Mountain Lion (12.6 MB), 10.6 Snow Leopard (8.4 MB), 10.5 Leopard (20.4 MB), and 10.4 Tiger (20 MB). ($24.95 new, free update)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Jonathan Oski, Charles Butcher, Chris Sansom, and
Dave for their generous support!