Uncomplex has released version 2.5.11 of its Gmail-specific email client Mailplane — the app’s first update since September 2011. The app now displays an alert should you use Gmail’s new inline composition window, and Uncomplex recommends that you revert to the old composition window. If you want access to Gmail’s new inline composition interface, you can try the Mailplane 3 beta (available only for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion). The update also adds support for Evernote 5.0.5 and ensures that disabling the option to check automatically for updates within Preferences works as it should. On the downloads page, Mailplane 2.5.11 is available for Lion and Mountain Lion (12.6 MB), 10.6 Snow Leopard (8.4 MB), 10.5 Leopard (20.4 MB), and 10.4 Tiger (20 MB). ($24.95 new, free update)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Andy Kaplan, James Donaldson, Terry, and Scot Mcphee
for their generous support!