Apple has issued MacBook Pro Retina SMC Update v1.1, which provides a fix for a “rare issue” for slow frame rates while playing graphics-intensive games on the 15-inch model of the MacBook Pro with Retina display. The System Management Controller update also provides bug fixes for Power Nap and wake from sleep, as well as a fix for a fan control issue. While the latter isn’t detailed in the release notes, it most likely addresses the overzealous fan spinning that’s been discussed at great length on Apple’s support forums and noted at Geek.com. After installing, the SMC will be updated to version 2.3f35. (Free, 504 KB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
MacBook Pro Retina SMC Update 1.1
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and