Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.3.7, bringing a few improvements to how the synchronization/backup application works with network volumes. The update now enables you to specify a login domain when entering a username in network volume Target Options, plus it adds logic that aids in detecting when a mounted SMB volume becomes disconnected, and changes the way file and folder information is collected from NAS volumes to prevent overloading and hanging. The release also fixes a bug where mounted local and network volumes were not ignored when scanning only local files. Other squashed bugs include a problem where scheduled syncs would stop running after a missed scheduled sync, a hang caused by sending a notification email message after aborting a sync, and a minor problem with date conversion when no date is specified. ($40 new, free update, 28.9 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software