Objective Development has released LaunchBar 5.4.3 with improvements in detecting Google Chrome and Chromium bookmarks and with the app’s Automatic Software Update. The release also fixes an iTunes issue where the Play from Album option played only the first track, squashes a bug that caused LaunchBar not to hide after invoking a service, fixes an issue with indexing of symlinked preference panes, and ensures that dialogs don’t appear underneath the search result list. ($35 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 2.5 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software