Cultured Code has released Things 2.2, improving overall performance to make the Mac task management app more responsive. The update also speeds up downloading of to-do items from Things Cloud and improves handling of dates when traveling between time zones, ensuring scheduled dates, due dates, repeating tasks, local notifications, and the Daily Review show up at the correct time for the time zone you are in. Other improvements include better handling of email messages that have been dropped onto the app’s dock icon (or notes field), behavior of contextual menus in text fields, formatting of dates in the Logbook, and indicating when the app is offline. The release also fixes an issue where AppleScript-generated to-dos could appear out of order, an issue that randomized items in Schedule and the Daily Review, and a crash that occurred when creating tags with certain characters. ($49.99 new from Cultured Code and the Mac App Store, free update, 16.3 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>