With iPhoto 9.4.3, Apple has enhanced the consumer-level photo management app’s Photo Stream support and fixed a handful of bugs. Photos can now be deleted from My Photo Stream by dragging them to the Trash, you can use File > Export to export photos from Photo Stream, and raw images manually imported from My Photo Stream are now editable. On the bug-squashing side of the equation, one fix prevents manually rotated photos from appearing unrotated when shared to Photo Stream, another addresses a crash when syncing to Facebook, a third prevents calendar text from appearing at the wrong size and resulting in order cancellation, and the final one fixes a problem that could cause books to have an incorrect number of pages after rearranging two-page spreads. ($14.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update through the Mac App Store or Software Update, 730.91 MB direct download via Apple’s support page)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard