A week after its last update, Golden Hill Software has released CloudPull 2.4.1. The new version of the Google data backup application primarily addresses a change that Google made in the way that URLs are formed when downloading presentations in Microsoft Office format from Google Drive. The update restores the capability to back up presentations and ensures that URL patterns for documents and spreadsheets are updated. ($9.99 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 12.0 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree