New Apple AV Monitors -- Today Apple announced the availability of two new AV-style monitors today at MacWorld Expo in Boston. The AppleVision 1710AV is a multisync 17-inch Trinitron with a .26 dot pitch and resolutions from 640 by 480 (67 Hz) to 1280 by 1024 pixels (75 Hz). The 1710AV also has integrated stereo speakers mounted below the display area (with bass, treble, and volume controls, as well as mute switches), a directional microphone, and audio and ADB connectors built into the base. The Apple Multiple Scan 14 Display offers a .28 dot pitch on a 14-inch shadow mask tube, with multisync resolutions of 640 by 480 and 800 by 600 pixels and built-in stereo speakers. Both monitors are MPR-II and Energy Star compliant. The 1710AV has a suggested price of $1,159; the Apple Multiple Scan 14 Display has a suggested price of $359. [GD]
iPhone Calendar Starting on Sunday
Annoyed that the iPhone's Calendar app shows the weeks starting with Monday, although iCal (and most paper calendars) start on Sunday? Here's the answer: go to Settings > General > International and change the Region Format from English to United States.
Visit The iBlog.com
Published in TidBITS 289.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Power Computing Sponsoring
- Netscape 1.1N Patch for SLIP
- QuickTake 100 to 150 Upgrade
- InterCon Releases TCP/Connect II 2.2
- AOL 2.6 Mac Client Available
- Internet Starter Kit for Macintosh, Third Edition Available
- A Pound of Cure for the PPC Version of Microsoft Office
- Apple Unveils Three New Power Macs