Postbox has released version 3.0.8 of its eponymous email client, using the integrated graphics processor exclusively on MacBook Pro models that have dual GPUs in order to reduce power usage and thus save some battery life. The update also adds a Run Filters on Folder toolbar button, ensures that Notification Center alerts link directly to messages, displays the account name next to the folder name in the message pane, and adds automatic account configuration support for iCloud email accounts. Plus, it fixes an issue with Growl integration, a crash when indexing, and a crash when importing from Thunderbird. ($9.95 new, free update, 21.5 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.