In addition to the BBEdit 10.5.4 maintenance release, Bare Bones Software has updated TextWrangler to version 4.5.2 with many of the same fixes and improvements. Highlights amongst the more than 40 listed changes include Retina support for the Wrap Around indicator and Clippings menu title art; a fix for the Undo state in Remove Line Breaks that led to lost content; and resolution to a problem with certain operations that prevented text from being placed in the Clipboard if done immediately after rebooting. The update also fixes several crashes, such as when comparing two large files with insufficient memory, having a file name change, and after entering a bookmark without a server name and then trying to save it. (Free from Bare Bones Software and the Mac App Store, 9.6 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 10 June 2013 (10 Jun 13)
- BBEdit 10.5.4 (05 Jun 13)