Objective Development has released LaunchBar 5.5.2 with further refinements to the keyboard-based launcher’s new snippet capabilities (see “LaunchBar 5.5,” 9 June 2013). LaunchBar now preselects the most recently used snippet when opening the Snippets list, and you can repeatedly press the Snippets hotkey to select the next snippet in the list. The update also squashes bugs for problems with creating snippets via Instant Send, restoring the Clipboard History at startup, and modifier taps. ($35 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.3 MB, release notes)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 8 July 2013 (08 Jul 13)
- LaunchBar 5.5 (09 Jun 13)
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>