Responding to user requests, Webin has added Feedly support to version 2.2 of its ReadKit RSS reader and bookmarking app (recently reviewed by Josh Centers in “ReadKit for Mac Is Almost the Perfect Reading App,” 8 July 2013). The update adds keyboard shortcuts for navigating, clearing read items from a list, and more. It also includes a number of fixes, including for problems that occurred when synchronizing feeds, handling of Control-clicking on sidebar items, importing OPML files from various sources (and when running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion), processing NewsBlur feeds, adding new Feedbin feeds (and marking multiple items as read), and scrolling issues with the built-in browser caused by pop-up windows. ($4.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 3.6 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 Aug 2013 (05 Aug 13)
- ReadKit 2.2.1 (31 Jul 13)
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 July 2013 (15 Jul 13)
- ReadKit for Mac Is Almost the Perfect Reading App (08 Jul 13)