Responding to user requests, Webin has added Feedly support to version 2.2 of its ReadKit RSS reader and bookmarking app (recently reviewed by Josh Centers in “ReadKit for Mac Is Almost the Perfect Reading App,” 8 July 2013). The update adds keyboard shortcuts for navigating, clearing read items from a list, and more. It also includes a number of fixes, including for problems that occurred when synchronizing feeds, handling of Control-clicking on sidebar items, importing OPML files from various sources (and when running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion), processing NewsBlur feeds, adding new Feedbin feeds (and marking multiple items as read), and scrolling issues with the built-in browser caused by pop-up windows. ($4.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 3.6 MB, release notes)
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 Aug 2013 (05 Aug 13)
- ReadKit 2.2.1 (31 Jul 13)
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 15 July 2013 (15 Jul 13)
- ReadKit for Mac Is Almost the Perfect Reading App (08 Jul 13)