Alongside the BBEdit 10.5.5 maintenance release, Bare Bones Software has updated TextWrangler to version 4.5.3 with many of the same fixes and refinements. Highlights among the nearly 30 improvements include TextWrangler offering to move itself to the Applications folder on launch if it’s not already installed there, the option to discard existing auto-save state by holding down Command-Control-Shift while launching the app, and improved custom cursors that look better on Retina displays. (Free from Bare Bones Software and the Mac App Store, 9.8 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard