Apple has released MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0 for the latest generation of the MacBook Air. The biggest news is that it reportedly addresses the Wi-Fi connectivity issue reported by early adopters (see “New MacBook Air Owners Complaining of Wi-Fi Issues,” 21 June 2013). It also corrects a screen flicker issue when using Adobe Photoshop and an issue that caused audio volume fluctuation during video playback. (Free, 3.35 MB)
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
- OS X 10.8.5 Fixes Nasty Text Rendering Bug (12 Sep 13)
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 22 July 2013 (22 Jul 13)
- New MacBook Air Owners Complaining of Wi-Fi Issues (21 Jun 13)