Webin has released ReadKit 2.2.1, which brings a welcome fix to syncing Feedly to the RSS and read-later client. After adding Feedly support in the previous update (see “ReadKit 2.2,” 15 July 2013), Webin discovered a bug that caused syncing to break and published a workaround. That bug has now been addressed in ReadKit 2.2.1, and the update also both improves pagination and fixes an issue with moving feeds between folders. ($4.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 3.6 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 Aug 2013 (05 Aug 13)
- ReadKit 2.2 (15 Jul 13)