Going beyond text insertion, Ergonis has added the capability to insert images into plain text expansions with the release of Typinator 5.6. Picture files are added via Typinator’s Includes mechanism (and stored in the Includes folder). The typing expansion utility also works around a cursor positioning bug in Apple Mail, fixes a problem with clipboard-based expansions in iStudio Publisher, addresses a synchronization problem with Dropbox, and improves its built-in autocorrection sets to avoid conflicts with other languages. The assistant for granting Typinator “Accessibility” permissions now also works on OS X 10.9 Mavericks. (€24.99 new with a 25-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.4 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard