Apple sent email to developers announcing that its developer services are now fully restored after a nearly month-long outage. To help make up for the inconvenience, Apple is extending all developer subscriptions by one month. Apple took the Developer Center offline shortly after security researcher Ibrahim Balic publicly revealed a method of obtaining personal information about subscribers (see “Researcher May Have Caused Apple Developer Center Shutdown,” 22 July 2013), although the company has not publicly confirmed that the two events were related. In the interim, Apple released a status page so that developers can check which systems are online (see “Apple Deploys Developer Center System Status Page,” 25 July 2013).
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 1186.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Save 50% in Take Control’s Back to School Sale
- Apple Taking Back Third-Party USB Power Adapters
- Chapter 8 of “Take Control of Your Digital Photos” Available
- DoJ Proposed Remedies in Ebook Price-Fixing Suit Miss the Point
- Newton: The Greatest Flop of All Time
- FunBITS: The World of Audiobus and iPad Music Apps
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 August 2013
- ExtraBITS for 12 August 2013
Apple Developer Services Now Back Online
Swap out Apple Maps for our open source SDK in just a few steps.
Choose a map design that suits your app and wows your users.
Start developing today for free! <https://www.mapbox.com/mobile/>
They took my money on Saturday and I still can't download Mavericks!
An avalanche of NO HELP over the weekend just a series of emails telling me to wait 24hrs for ANOTHER b***** email.
I've now had the "activation" email and it doesn't work!!!!
This pantomime makes the legendary Microsoft Help Desk look efficient:((((