Apple has released iTunes 11.0.5, a small update with just one noted bug fix: squashing a bug that caused iTunes in the Cloud to download “unexpected” (i.e., wrong) items. Oops. It’s available as a direct download from Apple’s iTunes Web page (187 MB), via Software Update on systems prior to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or via the Mac App Store on Mountain Lion.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>