Addressing a large number of niggling issues and incorporating a few minor enhancements, Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.5 and Nisus Writer Express 3.4.4 to the applause of grateful Take Control writers and editors. Nisus Writer Pro fixes a bug with exported EPUBs that produced validation errors if the file contained multiple chapters, resolves a hang caused by competing TOC inclusion instructions, adds numerous macro enhancements (including the capability to run macros when clicked), and fixes a variety of issues related to indexing. Both the Pro and Express editions add the capability to use aliases when inserting a link to a file or image that will resolve if the target is moved or renamed, as well as fix bugs related to inline spellchecking, creating PDFs, and printing, and incorrectly creating a new blank document when opening an existing document. (For Nisus Writer Pro: $79 new, free update, 178 MB, release notes. For Nisus Writer Express: $45 new, free update, 51 MB, release notes.)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard