ClarisWorks 4.0 & Kanji -- Dan Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> of ZiffNet/Mac wrote in regard to problems displaying Kanji text in ClarisWorks 4.0 reported in TidBITS-284, saying that he had experienced no trouble using ClarisWorks 4.0 with version 1.2 of the Japanese Language Kit (although it may well have problems with earlier versions of the JLK). Dan Kogai <email@example.com> - who reported the original problem - adds that on further investigation, the troubles he experienced seem related to FontPatchin', a common freeware Control Panel that lets applications using Roman fonts by default show Kanji correctly. FontPatchin' also comes with an extension called UnderLineEnabler, which allows underlining text in KanjiTalk - something critical for using the World Wide Web. Dan Kogai adds, however, that the HTML translator in ClarisWorks still had problems using Kanji. [GD]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- WorldScript Support in ClarisWorks 4.0 (03 Jul 95)