At McSweeney’s, the pseudonymous “J. K. Appleseed,” an Apple Genius, shares insider tales from the Apple Store, including training the elderly, comparing the Genius Bar to The Wall from “Game of Thrones,” and even a fist fight. Along the way, Appleseed drops interesting Apple Store trivia. Did you know that each glass step in an Apple Store costs over $35,000 to install? follow link
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- ExtraBITS for 23 September 2013 (23 Sep 13)
Gonzo Tales from the Apple Store