Bare Bones Software has released Yojimbo 4.0.1, squashing a number of reported bugs following the information organizer’s recent major update (see “Yojimbo 4.0 Adds Syncing… But Not Via iCloud,” 14 August 2013). The release makes some account-related adjustments (for instance, enabling you to see if you’ve successfully entered the code for the monthly syncing subscription), fixes a bug where using the Duplicate command would “result in havoc” following a sync, and resolves a problem where items synced to Yojimbo for iPad would occasionally be unreadable. (Speaking of which, Yojimbo for iPad has been updated to version 1.1.1 with enhancements for iOS 7.) Additionally, the release notes include details on what to do should an old version of Missing Sync for Windows Mobile prevent a database migration from being completed. ($30 new, $20 upgrade, free update from version 4.0, 7.7 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.