Mark Allan has released ClamXav 2.6, which updates the ClamAV engine to version 0.98. ClamXav, Sentry, and the ClamAV engine are now 32/64-bit, and ClamXav now requires Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and an Intel processor. The release also adds compatibility with Notification Center on 10.8 Mountain Lion for ClamXav (but not Sentry), fixes issues with unnecessary reporting of quarantine folders and updated virus definitions, adds a timestamp to logs of scheduled scans, and makes improvements to the French, Italian, and Czech localizations. Shortly after the 2.6 release, 2.6.1 was released with a fix for 32-bit machines running Snow Leopard. (Free, 19.8 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree