QuickTime 2.0 is now available for Mac and Windows directly over the Internet. Until now, QuickTime 2.0 has been available only with the purchase of System 7.5, or a Mac with 7.5 pre-installed, or Mac or Windows multimedia software that includes a copy. Apple's new QuickTime-oriented Web server offers Mac or Windows versions for $9.95 using First Virtual's Internet payment system for secure credit card transactions. The software is sent directly to the purchaser's computer via FTP. According to Apple Software Licensing, QuickTime 2.0 may also now be purchased via CompuServe, and other online services might get into the game. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard