Webin has released ReadKit 2.3.2, a small maintenance update to the RSS client and read-later app that nonetheless eases a few specific frustrations. The new version fixes sync problems with Feedly, an issue with the built-in browser collapsing when items were marked as read, the storing state of the “Is shared” checkbox on the Pinboard sharing panel, and minor issues with OPML importing. ($6.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 3.9 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software