Vemedio has released version 1.0.3 of Instacast for Mac, upgrading the podcast app’s syncing engine to Instacast 4 and improving syncing with Instacast Cloud to keep subscriptions, played/unplayed states, and deleted episodes in harmony across the company’s Mac and iOS apps. The update also improves Auto-Flattr donations to content providers, fixes the Copy Podcast URL function, and improves local file sharing with Instacast for iOS 4.1.1. ($19.99 new, free update, 5.9 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree