In addition to compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, LaunchBar 5.6 boasts support for the recently released 1Password 4 (see “1Password 4 for Mac Better Than Ever,” 3 October 2013). With this latest update to the keyboard-based launcher from Objective Development, you can use Shift-Space in 1Password 4 to trigger a full search and Command-Return to edit a 1Password item. The update also improves how the LaunchBar Dock icon hides, fixes the Show in Contacts action for contact groups, improves support for plain text snippets with HTML content, fixes Growl notifications for those running 10.7 Lion and earlier, and fixes the Search in Evernote action. For a limited time, get a free copy of “Take Control of LaunchBar” with new LaunchBar purchases! ($35 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.4 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- 1Password 4 for Mac Better Than Ever (03 Oct 13)
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>