In addition to compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, LaunchBar 5.6 boasts support for the recently released 1Password 4 (see “1Password 4 for Mac Better Than Ever,” 3 October 2013). With this latest update to the keyboard-based launcher from Objective Development, you can use Shift-Space in 1Password 4 to trigger a full search and Command-Return to edit a 1Password item. The update also improves how the LaunchBar Dock icon hides, fixes the Show in Contacts action for contact groups, improves support for plain text snippets with HTML content, fixes Growl notifications for those running 10.7 Lion and earlier, and fixes the Search in Evernote action. For a limited time, get a free copy of “Take Control of LaunchBar” with new LaunchBar purchases! ($35 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.4 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- 1Password 4 for Mac Better Than Ever (03 Oct 13)
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Robert Carpenter, Glenn Rosen, David Howell, and
John Pascoe for their generous support!