Apple’s iBooks Author has been updated for Mavericks compatibility. The free authoring software fixes an interesting bug that caused enhanced caption tracks to be dropped from some movies, and, as one might expect, provides “various bug fixes and performance improvements.” In addition, with this update users can now preview in-progress Multi-Touch book projects in the iBooks app on the Mac. The capability of previewing to a cable-connected iPad remains, and is still required to preview a book that uses vertical orientation. (Free from the Mac App Store, 446 MB)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
iBooks Author 2.1
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>