It wouldn’t be an OS X release without a lengthy, detailed review at Ars Technica from the hypercritical John Siracusa. Siracusa’s tenth OS X review weighs in at 24,008 words, 110 images, and 24 pages in the Web version. You can load page after page of the “canonical” Web version for free, or for $4.99, you can purchase an ebook version from the iBooks Store or Amazon’s Kindle Store. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
- ExtraBITS for 28 October 2013 (28 Oct 13)
John Siracusa’s Review of OS X 10.9 Mavericks