Just in time to create bootable backup of your Mac before updating to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Bombich Software has released Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5.3 with support for Apple’s new surfing-themed operating system. The update also adds advice about enabling full disk encryption while going through the encryption steps (as well as to the documentation), addresses a problem that Carbon Copy Cloner had with network volumes using a short user name, fixes a Mavericks-specific issue with the list of items to be copied, ensures that the “silently skip” backup option is respected, and fixes a couple of issues involving Drobo devices. ($39.95 new, free update, 10.9 MB, release notes)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5.3
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Steve T., Mike Cohen, Gary Schroeder, and Tom for
their generous support!