Apple has released MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) Software Update 1.0, which affects only those who have purchased one of the just-released models (see “New Retina MacBook Pro Models Thinner, Lighter, and Cheaper,” 22 October 2013). However, as this update solely replaces the missing Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese OS X Software License Agreement with a fresh copy in your Documentation folder, you can probably skip this one, particularly if you’re not using either of these localizations. (Free, 5 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.