Apple Design Keyboard Conflict -- Thanks to Jim Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org> for posting the details of the conflict between the Apple Design Keyboard and the DOS Compatible card for the Power Mac 6100 (Steven Lee mentioned this briefly in his article in TidBITS-282). Apparently, if your Apple Design Keyboard has a serial number starting with the letters PK, you may experience the problem, which is that if you hold down the right-hand Shift key and type while using DOS or Windows, the first character won't appear. Call 800/SOS-APPL or contact your dealer for a replacement keyboard. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
- It's a Mac. It's a PC. It's DOS-Compatible! (19 Jun 95)