Uncomplex has released Mailplane 3.1 with a number of improvements to the Gmail-specific email client. The update now enables you to switch between an unlimited number of Gmail accounts (previously, Mailplane limited you to 10 accounts), adds an option to suppress notifications of unread messages in the menu bar and the Dock (if you don’t need to see the count of unread messages taunting you everywhere you look), automatically hides the Gmail header when printing a message, fixes the Quick Look previews of Office documents in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, and fixes a bug with Google’s recently updated sign-in interface. ($24.95 new, free update, 17.2 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree