Ian Page has released Mactracker 7.2, which adds the full slate of recent Mac and iOS releases to the popular encyclopedia of Apple products. In addition to the late 2013 hardware releases (including the MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 5c), Mactracker adds details from the releases of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X Server 3.0, and iOS 7. Now offering support for running on Mavericks, the update also adds case color details to a number of early Mac models; provides Maximum Battery Cycle Count information to MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air models; and adds Intelligent Assistant and Processor Architecture information to iPhone and iPad models. Shortly after version 7.2 was released, Mactracker was updated to version 7.2.1 with details on the latest iOS releases and other minor changes and additions. As of this writing, the Mac App Store version hasn’t yet made the leap to version 7.2.1. (Free, 32.7 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.