Updating its eponymous information management app to version 5.4.3, Evernote improves support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks as well as support for the ScanSnap Evernote Edition scanner. The update now enables you to rotate or delete pages from a PDF, add a markup summary page to annotated PDFs, and flip or rotate pages. Evernote 5.4.3 also improves support for dragging images into the app from Web browsers. One known issue with the latest release is the inability for Spotlight to index notes created in Evernote when running Mavericks, but a fix is promised. (Free from Evernote or the Mac App Store, 50.6 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>